In 2020, layoffs, furloughs, and downsizing have been rampant.
If you’re a manager whose team or teams have recently been downscaled, how can you realign and reenergize this smaller, leaner group? The post-layoff challenges you face probably include:
- Low morale — “You laid off my colleagues!”
- People stretched too thin — “Who’s going to do all this work?”
- Relational gaps — “Who am I working with now?”
- Knowledge gaps — “How do I do this task?”
- Uncertainty — “Am I next?”
I hope you’ll join us on Tuesday, August 18, at 12:00 p.m. CDT for a short, practical webinar on how managers can find success as they lead a downsized team.
The session will be led by my MGR360 cofounder and a veteran CEO, Joel Trammell. Joel speaks from experience on this topic: He’s led organizations through both 9/11 and the Great Recession
Here’s a sampling of what you can expect to learn:
- How to communicate before, during, and after the change
- Suggestions for reassuring and supporting employees—including those who were laid off
- Methods to create alignment after downsizing
- Tips for streamlining work processes and easing the burden for a team that’s stretched too thin
During challenging times, your team deserves a great manager more than ever. We hope you’ll join us and learn strategies you can apply right away.
See you there!